Born 1971 in Flushing, NY
Lives and Works in Brooklyn, NY
Age & Beauty Part 1: Mid-Career Artist/Suicide Note or &:-/ is a duet Miguel Gutierrez performs with young dancer Mickey Mahar. The piece deals with mid-career anxiety, futurity and tropes about the aging gay choreographer, and is the first of a three part series of queer pieces addressing longevity, sustainability, aesthetic signature and burnout.
Performances of Age & Beauty Part 1: Mid-Career Artist/Suicide Note or &:-/ will take place in the Lobby Gallery, April 23–May 4. View the calendar for more information.
TICKETING INFORMATION FOR ALL PERFORMANCES
- Tickets include full-day admission to the Museum.
- Tickets for Whitney Members are free. This does not include corporate and reciprocal members.
- Please have your identification /membership card on hand as tickets will only be released to the ticket buyer.
- Tickets will not guarantee that you will be seated. You may be standing. Contact email@example.com in advance of the performance if you require seating.
- Due to limited capacity, patrons are strongly encouraged to purchase tickets in advance. Tickets may also be purchased at the Museum during gallery hours (Wednesday–Sunday). Discounted group tickets are not available for the performances.
- Tickets should be picked up at the Museum on the day of the performance no later than 1 hour prior to performance start time.
- No late ticket-holders will be admitted after the performance has begun.
- There are no refunds or exchanges on unclaimed tickets or late arrivals.
- For general admission ticketing questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For membership questions, email email@example.com or call (212) 570-3641; please have your membership card or membership ID number on hand.