Where We Are Kids Tour Audio Guide Playlist
Mark Joshua Epstein: Welcome to Where We Are, an exhibition of works from the Whitney’s permanent collection. My name is Mark Joshua Epstein, and I’m an Educator here at the Whitney. Today, we’ll be exploring this exhibition with students from PS 3 in Manhattan, and PS 146, Brooklyn New School. We’ll look at a few works in each gallery.
As we go through the exhibition, we’ll focus on a few specific works. You might want to compare them to the art on view nearby. As you do, you’ll notice that each room has a different theme. There are galleries focused on the home, family, work, nationhood, and spirituality.
Thanks for joining me, and enjoy your visit today!
- 700 Kids audio guide stop for Where We Are, Introduction
- 701 Kids audio guide stop for Jacob Lawrence, War Series, 1946-47
- 702 Kids audio guide stop for Georgia O'Keeffe, Music, Pink and Blue No. 2, 1918
- 711 Kids audio guide stop for Jay DeFeo, The Eyes, 1958
- 714 Kids audio guide stop for Clyfford Still, Untitled, 1956
- 720 Kids audio guide stop for Roy Lichtenstein, Bathroom, 1961
- 722 Kids audio guide stop for Edward Hopper, New York Interior, c. 1921
- 733 Kids audio guide for Charles Henry Alston, The Family, 1955
- 734 Kids audio guide stop for Louise Bourgeois, Quarantania, 1941
- 741 Kids audio guide for Elsie Driggs, Pittsburgh, 1927
- 742 Kids audio guide stop for Elizabeth Catlett, The Black Woman, 1946-47, printed 1989
- 750 Kids audio guide stop for Jasper Johns, Three Flags, 1958
- 751 Kids audio guide stop for Isamu Noguchi, Humpty Dumpty, 1946
- 752 Kids audio guide stop for Edward Hopper, Early Sunday Morning, 1930