Retail Sales Associates,
The Whitney Museum of American Art seeks an ambitious and experienced Sales Associate to join the Whitney Shop Team.
The part-time Retail Sales Associates will delight customers with product knowledge and customer service skills, while meeting sales goals and developing a loyal onsite and online audience for the Whitney Museum Shop. The associates will actively maintain merchandise presentation around a broad museum program and work with other front facing departments, such as Membership, Visitor Services and Security to “own” the customer experience in a fast paced, high traffic environment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Providing impeccable customer service by engaging, understanding and fulfilling the needs of customers. Efficiently and accurately process sales transactions across multiple sales channels and technology platforms. Responsibly handle cash and credit card transactions, and open and close cash drawers. Actively maintain high standards of merchandise presentation; visually and verbally. The part-time associate will assist in coordinating the breakdown of the retail shop for events; perform inventory counts as scheduled; and other related duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will bring an appreciation of the shopping experience, an enthusiasm for customer service and professional work habits.
Part-time schedule: 3 days per week including weekends
- Strong public facing customer service skills
- Accurate cash handling skills
- Outgoing and professional attitude
- Previous POS and inventory experience
- Ability to lift and carry moderate weights of merchandise
- Interest in arts & culture
- Open availability, especially on weekends
- An appreciation of diverse audiences and work environments is essential
- BA preferred but not required
- Additional languages a plus