Merchandise Coordinator, Retail
Full-time schedule: 5 days per week plus additional hours as needed
The Whitney Museum of American Art seeks a passionate and skilled Merchandise Coordinator to provide administrative and marketing support to its dynamic multi-channel Retail Department. This highly organized individual supports the Retail Product Development Manager by assisting with rights and reproductions requests and agreement execution, with product development and final costing of our unique and dynamic merchandise range, and with promotion of our products and retail activations. S/he supports the sales team by providing comprehensive and accurate product information for training guides and online product pages, and writes compelling copy for product signage and marketing assets.
The successful candidate will be effective and gracious in all verbal and written correspondence. S/he will be a flexible problem solver, and thrive in a fast paced and multifaceted position.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
S/he owns the vendor relationship in reference to product knowledge and marketing assets: proactively soliciting hi-res photography, product information (care, materials, processes, bios) training opportunities, and promotional opportunities. S/he creates and maintains merchandise info sheets, training materials and signage copy for the shop management staff. She builds and maintains an image database for retail promotions, working with external vendors to obtain hi res images. S/he coordinates with the Marketing and Communications departments to advance retail press and promotions, and with the Graphic Design Department to create compelling visual assets for internal and external retail promotion.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the MS office suite and basic photo editing
- Experience in marketing and promotion in the retail, fashion or design industries
- Copy editing experience
- Understanding of retail math and basic data analysis
- Comfort with the legal terminology and conventions of licensing agreements
- BA preferred, but not required
- An appreciation of diverse audiences and working environments is essential
- Interest in arts & culture and additional languages a plus
How to Apply
Follow the link below to answer questions and upload the materials.