Manager of Digital Marketing
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Marketing, the Manager of Digital Marketing is responsible for developing and executing efforts to promote the Whitney’s programs to the public.
- Manage day-to-day implementation of social media strategies and tactics—from content creation and publishing to account monitoring.
- Manage production of institutional email marketing campaigns: write, edit, and deploy all emails using the Museum’s email service provider; develop and execute triggered email marketing campaigns to drive incremental ticket sales on an ongoing basis.
- Manage Google AdWords account and other online search initiatives on an ongoing basis.
- Set and monitor campaign effectiveness (especially for online, email, and social media campaigns), producing timely reports, and developing contingency strategies as required.
- Responsible for tracking historical marketing plans and related statistics, including responding to requests from other departments
- Responsibilities include aspects of marketing project management, including working with agencies and internal colleagues on media planning and placement, design and production of materials, deliverables, and reviews for multiple parties internal to and external to the Whitney, and ensuring that projects remain on track to meet strategic objectives.
- Manage marketing-related creative shoots and events, as appropriate
- Support promotional partnerships and visibility opportunities with corporate, media, and community partners, as appropriate
- Understand and ensure adherence to Whitney style and voice.
- Participate in interdepartmental committees and project teams as required.
- B.A. in Marketing, Art History or related field.
- 3–5 years digital marketing experience in content, media, or creative industry desired.
- Strong production and editorial skills
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Extremely organized and superb attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate clearly about digital initiatives with non-technical staff
- Ability to work independently, proactively, collaboratively, and effectively under pressure with a wide-variety of people
- Genuine knowledge of modern and contemporary American art and artists
- Expertise and knowledge of best practices with respect to email service providers (experience with Mailchimp is a plus)
- Expertise and knowledge of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat) with a proven ability to develop social media campaigns and associated marketing strategies
- Knowledge of SEM/SEO, with experience managing Google AdWords campaigns.
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Results-oriented analytical and reporting skills, including experience with Google Analytics.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Manager of Digital Marketing” in the subject line.