The Whitney is closed today.
A full-time position is available in the Graphic Design Department for an interaction designer.
The Graphic Design department develops and maintains the Whitney's brand and graphic identity. Through the various materials that are produced with the institution's graphic language (including advertising, promotional materials, signage, invitations, branded merchandise, mass mailings, publications, as well as whitney.org and other multimedia initiatives), this department both communicates the Museum's positioning while continually serving to distinguish the Whitney within the cultural landscape of New York and beyond.
- Conceptualize, wireframe, iteratively develop, optimize, and execute design for primarily digital applications, with potential for some work in print and environmental applications.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from all Museum departments, in particular Digital Media, while under the supervision of the Director of Graphic Design, and within the language of the Whitney’s graphic identity.
- Act as liaison with developers and outside vendors as needed. Provide recommendations for best practice on web and mobile platforms with both the Whitney’s and the user’s needs in mind.
- B.F.A. in design with 3+ years of professional digital design experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong client-facing communication and project management skills
- Strong typographic ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong experience with UX design and information architecture across multiple platforms
- An affinity for designing systematically
- Familiarity with translating data about user behavior into effective design strategies
- Experience managing the production and/or development of large commercial projects
- Knowledge of 20th-century American art/contemporary art desirable
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite required
- Familiarity with Google Analytics preferred