Curatorial Project Researcher
A part-time, temporary position for a Curatorial Project Researcher, reporting to the DeMartini Family Curator and Director of the Collection, is available immediately. The incumbent will work with the Director and a team of curators on a large-scale research project focused on postwar American art with a particular emphasis on Pop, conducting intensive research as well as supporting the administration and organization of the project.
- Scholarly research on artists
- Management of checklists, databases, and files
- Scheduling and preparing materials and presentations for meetings
- Corresponding with external contacts as well as museum departments such as Conservation, Exhibitions and Collections Management, and Research Resources
- Daily administrative support (telephone, travel arrangements, processing invoices, and other general office and clerical duties)
- B.A. in art history (M.A. a plus)
- 2 years museum/gallery experience; working knowledge of 20th- and 21st-century art history with a focus in postwar American art, specialization in Pop preferred
- Excellent writing, research, and communication skills, with rigorous attention to detail
- Clerical and organizational skills, including experience with TMS, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
How to apply: Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com. Note “Curatorial Project Researcher” in the subject line. Health insurance is not provided for this assignment.