Associate Manager of Inventory & Fulfillment, Full-time Regular
The Whitney Museum of American Art seeks an experienced and efficient Associate Manager of Inventory & Fulfillment to provide logistical and administrative support to its dynamic multi-channel Retail Department. This highly organized individual supports the team by ensuring timely, accurate and efficient product onboarding, ordering, receiving, preparations and packaging, organization, storage and transfers, outgoing shipping, inventory counts, and accounting (payables and receivables). S/he maintains optimum vendor relationships and logistics planning that benefit the timeliness and profitability of the merchandise assortment. S/he is responsible for the trade (wholesale) orders and internal requisitions along with the required monthly accounting of these business channels.
The successful candidate will be effective and gracious in all verbal and written correspondence. S/he will be a flexible problem solver, experienced supervisor and thrive in a fast paced and multifaceted position. Schedule: 5 days per week plus additional hours as needed.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- S/he owns the vendor relationship in reference to stock availability, optimum pricing, product delivery timelines and logistics, billing and sales contacts, receivings, procuring invoices, accounts payables (Concur), returns and credits, and reviewing all statements of accounts.
- Accurately enters and maintains all product information and purchase orders in the inventory system (Counterpoint).
- Manages organization and optimization of the Retail stockroom and warehouse, including stockroom wayfinding, product storage, security and inventory transfers.
- Manages accurate and timely fulfillment, tracking and sales of all internal requisitions, wholesale orders and retail accounts receivable.
- Manages merchandise prepping and packaging by the stock room staff with the Shop management team.
- Oversees the fulfillment of in-shop mail orders, online orders and all drop shipments from vendors.
- Coordinates all aspects of intermittent counts and annual physical inventory count.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with the MS office suite, POS systems and inventory management
- Successful experience managing logistics and staff in a flexible and fast paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry moderate weights of merchandise required
- Experience with Counterpoint and Concur a plus
- Flexible schedule including occasional weekends and evenings
- BA preferred but not required
- An appreciation of diverse audiences and working environments is essential
- Interest in arts & culture and additional languages a plus
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter in one pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter include a one hundred word description of a memorable shopping experience that you had recently. Include what made it memorable. Indicate “Last Name_AMIF2018” in subject line of email and attached pdf.