Open today: 10:30 am–10 pm
Event Producer, Hess Theater
The Whitney seeks an Event Producer to provide technical and administrative support for all activities executed in The Susan and John Hess Family Theater. Reporting to the Theater Manager this position plays a primary role in the planning, execution and wrap up of all Hess Theater based activity. The Whitney seeks talented people of all backgrounds—we value diversity of cultures, races and ethnicities, gender expressions. Start date for the position will be: July 16, 2018.
The Susan and John Hess Family Theater is a state-of-the art 200 seat multipurpose dedicated theater space for performance, film/video screenings, education programming and special events.
- Oversee and implement theater based events in conjunction with the Theater Manager
- Collaborate with Curatorial, Education and Special Events departments to advise on and realize the delivery of any theater-based activity in conjunction with Theater Manager
- Assist in research and feasibility of logistical and technical needs of Hess Theater programs as they develop
- Manage the operation and upkeep of theatrical lighting and theater equipment as needed
- Oversee and direct load-ins, technical set-ups, and breakdowns in the Hess Theater as needed
- Assist in hiring and supervising freelance project based support staff
- Supervise theater-related events as required
- Collaborate and work closely with members of a myriad of departments; Audio Visual (Local 306), Facilities, Visitor Services, Security, Special Events, Exhibitions and Collections
- Day to day administrative duties
- Bachelor’s degree in technical theater, or equivalent experience of producing live events
- 4+ years of experience in producing technical theater based events
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, environment
- Experience supervising technical staff
- Strong background in live sound, ETC lighting systems, projections, and project management
- Advanced knowledge of Vectorworks and CAD based programs
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to stand; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at height for long periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Excellent administrative and communication skills
- Evening and weekend hours to be expected