What you’ll need
Water, corn starch, tray or pan, food coloring
Lynda Benglis created many of her sculptures by pouring and shaping different materials, some solid, some liquid, and some in between!
- Experiment with her process by creating your own material to push, pour, and shape into whatever sculpture you like.
- Ask an adult for 1 ½ cups of corn starch and 1 cup of water.
- Mix both ingredients together in a bowl with your hand. How does it feel?
- Is it a liquid or solid?
- Try pouring it out onto a metal or plastic surface, like a tray or a pan.
- Add some food coloring. You pick the colors! Add each color one at a time and use your fingers to swirl it into the mixture.
- Take a photograph of your sculpture and share it with us.