The Director's Council is a premier patron group at the Whitney designed to engage and inform art collectors and enthusiasts. Through a variety of events hosted by Adam D. Weinberg, Alice Pratt Brown Director, Council members have the opportunity to gain an inside look at the Whitney, its programs, and its plans for the future. Members enjoy an annual art-filled day trip out of the city, private evenings with artists in their studios, collection tours, artist dinners, receptions hosted by influential members of the art community, and much more. Chrissie Iles, Anne and Joel Ehrenkranz Curator, serves as the Director's Council curatorial liaison and shares with the group her extensive knowledge of contemporary art and artists. A Whitney curator since 1997, she was the co-curator of the 2004 and 2006 Whitney Biennials. Additional exhibitions organized by Iles include, among others, Dreamlands: Immersive Cinema and Art, 1905-2016 (2016), T.J. Wilcox: In the Air (2013), Dark and Deadpan: Pop in TV and the Movies (2013), Three Landscapes: A Film Installation by Roy Lichtenstein (2012), More Than That: Films by Kevin Jerome Everson (2011), Dan Graham: Beyond (2009), Paul McCarthy: Central Symmetrical Rotation Movement Three Installations, Two Films (2008), and Rudolf Stingel (2007).
Participation begins with an annual gift of $15,000.
For further information please email email@example.com or call (212) 671-5401.
RECENT EVENTS INCLUDE:
- Studio visits, discussions and dinners with artists including Tara Donovan, Barnaby Furnas, Mary Heilmann, Marilyn Minter, Laurie Simmons, David Salle, Julian Schnabel, Amy Sillman, and others
- Art-filled day trips to the Hamptons, Greenwich, Philadelphia, and Westchester to visit private collections, art foundations, museums, and galleries
- Exclusive after-hours exhibition viewings and talks at the Whitney with artists such as Wade Guyton, Glenn Ligon, Joyce Pensato, Walter Robinson, Julia Wachtel, TJ Wilcox, and others
- Annual curator-led private previews of the Armory Show
- Curator-led gallery tours in and around New York City
- VIP Access to art fairs across the country and around the world