Assistant to the Chief Curator
A position is available for a full-time assistant reporting directly to the Nancy and Steve Crown Family Chief Curator. The incumbent will support the administration of a creative, fast-paced office, working as part of a team to ensure the smooth functioning of day-to-day operations.
- Assistance with all administrative matters related to the chief curator’s office and the curatorial department, including management of the chief curator’s calendar, drafting correspondence, travel and expense reports
- Organization of meetings (internal, external and patron groups)
- PowerPoints and other presentations; supervision of interns
- Maintaining curatorial departmental files and record-keeping, including tracking of budgets
- Supporting processes related to acquisitions and gifts
- Sorting mail and ordering supplies
- Communication with external contacts, including artists, trustees, donors, galleries, etc., as well as other museum departments such as Exhibitions and Collections Management, Advancement, Registration, and Research Resources
- The incumbent will work closely with the director of curatorial affairs and the curatorial assistant to the chief curator to carry out these duties.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years administrative experience, museum or gallery a plus
- Background in art history preferred
- Outstanding organizational ability and rigorous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral skills; good working knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint; training in TMS preferred, but not required
- Diplomacy, confidentiality, and teamwork skills are crucial
Please send resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: email@example.com and state “Assistant to Chief Curator” in the subject line.